Sunday, October 16, 2011

Underbite of the Damned

Well, Clemson football this season is bound and determined to give me a heart attack: After going up twenty points on VTech, Tajh gets what looks like a bad injury against BC last week and then doesn't show up for the first half against Maryland. That's right, Maryland. Apparently their new QB is Tim Tebow, because he looked damn good last night. They had us beat a couple of times.

But then we came back, and kept coming back.

Sports is overused as a metaphor for life, but I feel like a season like this, as magical as it is, begs to be used by those who don't have a lot else to cling to as a reason to hold on. Whether we win anything big or not is not the issue (though that would be nice, after last season a winning record is good enough for me), it's the feeling you get when you see something that usually doesn't happen (or when it does, happens for the other team against yours) go right for your guys.

Do I think we'll go undefeated? No, I don't; but that's just the historian in me talking, the one who remembers great starts and so-so finishes to seasons past. God, it would be great, but I don't know if it's possible.

Of course, I don't think anyone had us going undefeated through seven games to start the year. Enjoy it, my friends, enjoy it.

Adversity is always around the corner, but we've been dealing with it pretty good so far. I mean, if we're undefeated, obviously it hasn't gotten to us yet.

So fingers crossed, this has already been a season to remember and it's not over yet. Nobody had us doing this so far, I wonder what else we can do with the season that's left. Whatever it is, I'll enjoy it. I can tell you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment