Sunday, October 9, 2011

Just Win, Baby

Another year is past, mein friends: I am officially thirty and the two, on this the day of our Lord October 9, 2011.

Meh...

Birthdays are more fun when you're a kid; you get tons of cool stuff that you didn't have before, or at least some money from relatives to enable you to buy said stuff on your own (plus a little extra if you so choose). As you get older, the choice selection in gifts gets narrower and narrower, unless you're into sexual fetish gear or collectible Star Wars figurines (for the record, neither really appeal to me).

So I went to get my niece something instead; she's just now seven months, and she keeps on growing so that six-months-size clothing is starting to be too small for her. So I got her a shirt for twelve months; she'll probably be wearing it by Christmas time.

She is my sweet baby girl...

I've had about as good and bad a year as I could have thought, in terms of professional and personal stuff. But as bad as things have been sometimes, I still figure there's a chance that my dream of being the first astronaut-late-night-talkshow-host-President of the United States could come true.

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment