Sunday, May 15, 2011

Neutral Milk Hotel

...is a good band, thanks for the shout-out on Parks & Recs.

Anyway, last night was an experience in babysitting at once familiar and (thanks to baby Scout) brand-spanking new: the night of the cranky, hard-to-please baby. Sis brought her up to spend time with the grands while she went to a baby shower (funny how one girl having a baby inspires all her friends to do the same). Scout was fussy except when she was feeding or napping, and it seemed like everytime I tried to calm her, I made the situation worse.

Scout hates her uncle...

No, just kidding, but I do think the poor girl is teething already (or maybe right on time? I'm not sure about these things), so I guess that's part of it. Or maybe it was being in a strange place not her comfortable apartment with Mom and Dad that did it. At any rate, she eventually went to sleep and Sis came back to get her. I watched The King's Speech on and off last night, inbetween trying to comfort my niece while failing to do so. Good movie, though I still think the Facebook movie got robbed (Zuckerberg!!!!).

And that's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment