Monday, November 19, 2012

A Manson Family Thanksgiving

I face a moral dilemma, folks: I want to read the book Silver Linings Playbook because the ads for the movie have caught my interest (and not just because of Jennifer Lawrence, though when I see her I feel emotions I've not felt for a long time towards an actress I will never meet...I've said too much!), but the only copy of it I've found so far has smartass Bradley Cooper's mug on the front cover. I do not care for Mr. Cooper, while acknowledging that his dickhead persona is very effectively used on the big screen.

Anyway, Thanksgiving approaches and, like a motorist passing a wreck on the freeway, I can't turn my head away from what promises to be a truly terrible Turkey Day. I say that in the hopes (perhaps) that by doing so, I will cause the opposite to happen (i.e., my family will not devolve into a hate-filled room of banshees screaming and yelling about things that happened long before I was even a gleam in my mother's eye). I doubt it, though.

At any rate, though, I am sure anyone here can relate to the way in which the end of the year approaching has a way of causing you to reflect, especially (what a shock!) what you're thankful for. I'm thankful for my family, as crazy and upsetting as they can be, and I'm thankful for my friends. I'm thankful for my job, my bills (hey, they keep me from blowing my money on stupid stuff, like more stuff that requires bills), and I'm thankful for the opportunity I got this year to try out for Jeopardy in New Orleans. I'm waiting for your move, Trebek...

No comments:

Post a Comment