Monday, July 16, 2012

Scientology, Penn State, and the Olympic Uniforms

First: Katie Holmes got out from the grasp of/divorced Tom Cruise in rapid time this past couple of weeks, with one of the stipulations being that she couldn't allegedly badmouth Scientology (I'll admit, I'm not up to date on my celebrity gossip). My question is, what the hell is she going to reveal that's so damn bad? Who the hell knows what Scientologists believe (I doubt they know)? Scientology was started by a fourth-rate sci-fi writer as a way to make money off gullible people (as are all organized religions, when you come right down to it). Also, he may have diddled with little boys, but there's nothing official on that. When John Travolta is your religion's main spokesman, you're in trouble.

But Scientology is apparently big stuff in Hollywood, and if I know anything it's this: celebrities are idiots. That tells me everything I need to know about Scientology's belief systems, and yes I'm saying all this as a member of the Illuminati (which controls Scientology, the world's banking systems, the careers of Jay-Z and Beyonce, and Dunkin' Donuts).

Second: A report that came out about the Penn State cover-up says Joe Paterno knew in 1998 what Jerry Sandusky was doing in the showers (i.e., "rough-housing") and thought more about protecting his college win record than the victims of Sandusky's devious behavior. My thinking is, burn Penn State to the ground. Short of that, take down the statue to Joe-Pa that stands outside the stadium. No one should be that big that they can cover up something like that because they're more worried about themselves than what harm is being visited upon young children. Yes, it's human nature to not want to believe the worst about someone that you're close to, that you consider almost a son. But once the facts were in Paterno's face, unblinking and not going away, he should have cut Sandusky loose to the DA and saved his reputation that way. Penn State will never really live this down, and they shouldn't. Shame on Paterno and all the men in charge who did nothing for so long.

Finally: The Olympic uniforms...is this really an issue? They look ridiculous (that I would have expected) and they're made in China (like everything else). Why is this a problem for Congress to investigate? Because it means avoiding the real issues, I guess (god help me I sound like a conservative blowhard, but I don't know what their take on this is. Maybe Sean Hannity can take time out of his busy neck-expanding exercises to register an opinion, but I think not).

Not to get off on a rant here, but...:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment