Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

I would say some words about the passing of Levon Helm, the drummer and most compelling vocal presence in The Band, but I'm saving those for a review I'm doing of his memoir from 1993, for Paste Magazine.

So there...

Blogger has a new look, apparently (not that I can tell it from looking at my blog, thankfully, but I can tell it now, as I'm trying to write this without cringing at the new layout too much). Change is the only constant, but sometimes websites seem to change just for the hell of it. I'm just saying, do we really need all the fancy bells and whistles?

I expect my account to be deleted without my knowledge in a fortnight...

This week (well, last weekend, as it were) marked the 100th anniversary of the sinking of Man's Ultimate Gift to Irony, the Titanic. This was an opportunity for James Cameron to re-release his film of the same name in 3-D, a trend that I'm not privy to because of my near-sightedness. Oh sure, you say to me, they make googles now that can accomodate glass-wearers. You might as well tell me to go ahead and get contacts, to be like everyone else. I don't wanna be like everyone else.

Plus, I'm clumsy...who's to say I start putting in a contact and gouge my eyeball out with an overly long fingernail?

Hyperbolic? Yes. Too bizarre to actually occur? I don't want to find out.

Anyway, getting used to this new layout as I type, maybe it's not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment