Thursday, March 22, 2012

Rick Santorum Makes Bush Look Like Einstein

To lighten the mood a bit, because I've had a stressful couple of days, I want to admit something that might shock some people.

I do not care for Slim Jims.

There, I said it...the all-purpose mystery-meat byproduct, no doubt, of late pitchman Randy Savage is not something that I would consider appetizing.

But because of my gallbladder issues, I've had to go on a diet that cuts out a lot of the things I do love: pizza, lasagna, cheeseburgers, salsa, basically anything that's good but not good for me.

I am more than ready for my gallbladder to be gone, I guess I'm saying.

But I don't know where Slim-Jims fall on the dietary laws debate, because I've not eaten one in quite a while. I imagine because of their spiciness (no doubt a byproduct of the Macho Man's insistance on personally selecting only the finest herbs and spices from the Far Orient), they would not agree with me anyway, gallstones or no. But dammit if I'm not curious!

Trust me, I don't actually want a Slim Jim...I just miss the option to choose one for myself to eat, if I were so inclined. It sucks quite a bit...but it's a minor complaint, naturally.

Somewhere in Pitchman Heaven, the Macho Man is encouraging Billy Mays to snap into a Slim Jim...

No comments:

Post a Comment