Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hot Child in the City

Just wanted to check in, I know it's been a while (and my last post was, now that I think about it, unintentionally morbid), but I've been busy with work and such. Don't worry, I also neglected my online family on the Oregon Trail. Last I heard, Pa had been scalped by Indians, Sis and Mama were taken out by cholera, and I was selling myself to interested prospectors in the Idaho mountains. If you are an aspiring literary snob, or just think to yourself "someday someone will recognize my genius at literary puns," check out the Clemson Literary Festival (fourth one in a row) this week. I was a bit bewildered to see on the website (www.clemson.edu/litfest) that Kurt Vonnegut was at some point "associated" with the university. If this means "you can find his books in our library," then yes, he was associated with Clemson. Other than that, I'm wondering what possible connection the author of Breakfast of Champions could have with the school still obsessed with our one and only title. Anyway, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment